The demand for pure desi ghee is increasing and more people are becoming aware of the amazing benefits that Ghee brings along. It is not shocking to see ghee replacing most of the cooking fats in the kitchen. Whether it is butter or oil, in most kitchens, ghee has slowly begun to take its place. But is ghee really better than butter? What about the health benefits
DESI GHEE VS BUTTER – WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
- Desi Cow Ghee has a higher smoke point than butter. Ghee smokes at approx. 250 degrees Celsius while butter smokes at approx. 175 degrees Celsius.
- Desi Cow Ghee contains a lower amount of dairy contents like lactose and casein than butter
- People with an allergy to dairy can consume ghee but not butter
- One tablespoon of ghee has 120 calories and butter has 102 calories
- Although both the products are made from milk, the process of making and the properties are quite different.
- Butter has more of a creamy texture and taste while pure ghee has a granular texture and a nutty flavor.
IS GHEE HEALTHIER THAN BUTTER?
- Due to the higher smoke point, it is the best option to use for frying and cooking.
- Desi Ghee is rich in vitamins A, D, E, and K which proves to be a source of good antioxidants.
- A human body needs some amount of healthy fats to function properly. Ghee is considered as the healthiest source of fat when consumed in moderation.
- Desi Ghee is known to boost metabolism and increase immunity as well.
- Desi Ghee contains a fatty acid named butyrate acid which is known to aid digestion and is responsible for the anti-inflammatory effects of consuming ghee.
- The health benefits of consuming ghee are far more than that of butter.
- Also, Desi ghee is completely accepted in the Keto and Whole30 diets.
- Ghee does not need refrigeration as it can be stored at room temperature for weeks (It should be stored away from direct sunlight and moisture.)
Can you use BUTTER DESI GHEE INSTEAD while cooking?
You can easily use Desi Ghee instead of Butter. Ghee is pure butterfat and any food tastes amazing when cooked in desi ghee. The nutty flavor enhances the taste of any dish. It is an excellent option for frying and sauteing food. And when you are baking, ghee is a perfect butter substitute. Many households in India use ghee instead of cheese or butter, as a spread over their bread.
IS GHEE BETTER THAN BUTTER ON KETO?
Yes. Desi Ghee is better than butter for keto. Ghee is pure butterfat that does not have any traces of milk solids or sugars left in it. It also contains medium-chain fatty acids that are ideally suited for a keto diet. It also makes it great to eat while on a Keto or Ketogenic diet.
Desi Ghee is another form of butter, and the nutritional profile and fat content of the two are similar. However, desi ghee may be better for people who are sensitive to lactose and casein because it contains less of both.
While desi ghee and butter should be limited, a person can occasionally include both foods in a varied and balanced diet.
WHERE CAN I BUY DESI COW DESI GHEE?
To buy 100% pure kankrej Cow Ghee made using the traditional Vedic process, click here
WHAT IS COW Desi GHEE PRICE?
Desi Cow Ghee starts at Rs. 1,099.00 Click here to check the prices for all our products.
To buy 100% pure Desi Cow Ghee made using the traditional Vedic process, click here
This article is a property of Vaidikmart.com Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact [email protected] for licensing of the above article.